Bible Passage: Proverbs 31:20-31
We are to value moms by our attitude, by words and deeds, and by our honour.
- Valued by Our Attitude
- Valued by Our Actions
- Valued by Our Honour
Worship by renewing our minds:
- Are you able to remember the three points of the message?
- What do you think God wants us to understand when it comes to the value of other people in our lives?
- What are a few facts you gleaned from reading about the Proverbs 31:20-31 woman?
- Under the first point, Galatians 5:22,23,25 was used in regards to what our attitude ought to be like towards others, especially mothers. What is their source and do any of them seem to be more difficult to exercise, in your opinion?
- Did any other verses under this point hit home to you? (Proverbs 5:7; 1 Peter 3:12; Proverbs 11:25)
- In our value using actions and words, which of these verses stood out to you the most? (Proverbs 25:11; Proverbs 16:24; Romans 5:7,8; Mark 10:13-16)
- Can you remember any or all of the five “love languages” that were mentioned?
- In our honour of someone, how does Colossians 3:12-15 apply?
Grow by engaging our hearts with God’s Word:
- Was there one particular point or illustration that “struck home” with you? Why did that happen?
- Has there been a time when you have felt you were not valued & how did you react?
- Has there been a time when you felt you didn’t value another person and did you take any steps afterwards to make amends? Care to share the situation with others?
- Have you ever chatted with your child(ren), spouse, parent, sibling about what YOUR “love language” is and asked them what theirs is? If not, will you?
Serve a hurting world by enlisting our bodies:
- What did you already do, or determine to do, in response to God’s leading?
- Is there someone you should be approaching to demonstrate their value to you that perhaps you have withdrawn from in the past and possibly couldn’t bring yourself to forgive? What will you do about this and when will you do it?
- What’s the biggest “takeaway” for you from this study and why?