Bible Passage: Colossians 2:11-15
In Christ, we have the powerful working of disarming triumph over sin.
- Powerful Working: “With Him” (vs. 11-12)
- Disarming Triumph: “God Made Alive” (vs. 13-15)
Worship – Renew The Mind (Scripture)
- What passage of Scripture did we look at? Summarize it in your own words.
- According to verses 11-12, what happened “In Him” and “with Him”?
- What is the state of all humanity by legal or trespass or religious shortcoming in verse 13? What has God done? By doing what (v. 14)?
- How is triumph described in verse 15?
Grow – Engage The Heart (Conversation)
- “In Him” and “with Him” are such important phrases in this text. What makes these phrases so important? What do they describe?
- What record of debt in your life do you find the hardest to cancel? Which one keeps being “re-posted” by other rulers or authorities in your life?
- What do you find is the hardest part in this section to believe? Which aspect is the easiest? Why?
Serve – Enlist The Body (Action)
- Write out your own “record of debt” this week. Post it somewhere and then take a red pen/marker/paint and write “CANCELLED” in large letters?
- What will it look/sound like for you to live in triumph this week?
- What is one song that will help remind you that your record of debt has been cancelled?