Bible Passage: Romans 6:1-11
Worship by renewing our minds:
- Did you have any questions about certain words, the text, or what was said?
- What do you think God wants us to understand about this section of Scripture? What is the purpose of including it in the Bible (How does it point to Jesus)?
- What questions does Paul ask in verses 1-3?
- How does Paul describe Baptism in verse 4?
- What is mentioned that we can “know” in verses 5-11?
Grow by engaging our hearts with God’s Word:
- When were you baptized? How has God been working in your life since then?
- In what ways are you tempted to continue in sin even though you have died to it?
- Describe what you think it means to walk in newness of life?
Serve a hurting world by enlisting our bodies:
- How would you describe the imagery of Baptism? Come prepared to share.
- What does it look/sound like in your life to be dead to sin?
- What does it look/sound like in your life to be alive to Christ?
- Is there an area of “walking in newness of life” that you would like some help understanding that the group can discuss?