Bible Passage: Mark 13:28-37
Be on your guard. Jesus is coming back; what you hope in and how you live really does matter!
- Fig Tree: The Fall of Jerusalem (vs. 28-31)
- A Journey: The Second Coming of the Son of Man (vs. 32-37)
Worship by renewing our minds:
- Where were we looking in God’s Word? Summarize it in your own words.
- Did you have any questions about certain words, the text, or what was said?
- What do you think God wants us to understand about this section of Scripture? What is the purpose of including it in the Bible (How does it point to Jesus)?
- What are the two analogies/illustrations that Jesus gives?
- How does Jesus use these analogies to teach about what is going to happen?
- What makes verse 37 both exciting and scary all at the same time?
Grow by engaging our hearts with God’s Word:
- How does your heart respond when people start talking about the “End Times”?
- What are you giving your time to these days? What or who, if taken away from you tomorrow, would leave you devastated? Humiliated? Broken?
- When was a time in your life where you gave a lot of time and effort towards something or someone only to see it pass away?
- Do you believe our culture is helping us or hindering us from being spiritually vigilant during times of suffering and hardship?
Serve a hurting world by enlisting our bodies:
- What things in your life help keep you from putting your hope, trust, happiness, etc. in something that is passing away or will pass away?
- What things in your life help you to keep watch on the rehearsal of your thoughts, the desires of your heart, and the habitual actions of your body?
- How do you plan on combating spiritual and physical laziness this week?