Bible Passage: Psalm 112
Men who love Jesus make the best dads!
- Character: “Blessed is the Man” (vs. 1-4)
- Conduct: “It is Well with the Man” (vs. 5-10)
Renew the Mind in the truth of God’s Word: What does the text say?
- How are Psalm 111 and 112 similar?
- How does the Psalmist describe the character of a “Blessed man” in verses 1-4?
- How does the Psalmist describe the conduct of a blessed man in verses 5-10?
- What is the rock that keeps the heart firm in verse 7?
Engage the Heart through conversation: How is your heart responding to what the text says?
- What about the Character section in verses 1-4 caught your attention the most?
- As a Dad, which one do you find the most difficult in life: gracious, merciful or righteous? Which one is most evident?
- How does a trust in the LORD create a heart that is firm and not afraid of bad news?
- What part does anger play in your life?
Enlist the Body to share the hope of Jesus with our neighbours:
- What does it look/sound like to become more like Jesus this week?
- If your kids were asked to answer some of the questions above what do you think they would say?
- What will it look/sound like to greatly delight in His commandments this week?
- What will vs. 4, 9 look like this week with your kids?